Work For Us
+ Tool and Die Fabrication Technician
This position is responsible for providing fabrication and repair services for the site; including new mold and component fabrication and repair, spare parts, and related items using a variety of CNC mills, lathes, grinders and EDM machines. This includes taking these activities into production in coordination with engineering and
production support. This position will be a full time regular position, Monday – Friday, with overtime as required.
Qualifications / Responsibilities:
- Tooling trade or craftsperson education (2-year technical degree or equivalent experience)
- Possess a strong knowledge of all tool room equipment and be willing and able to advance to new equipment and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiar with CNC and manual equipment G and M-code controls and instrumentation
- Understanding, knowledge, and proficient with Siemens NX 10 software, or equivalent for CNC programming and troubleshooting
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of factory tooling and operations.
- Ability to make sound judgment based on consistent and objective measures.
- Troubleshooting – able to provide detailed, accurate information to solve problems
- Understanding, knowledge, and familiar with Microsoft Office systems (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Motivated and self-directed
- Job Responsibilities:
- Machine highly complex parts with tight tolerances
- Evaluate, fit, and assemble high precision components to make, repair or modify highly complex assemblies
- Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Read, understand and follow work orders, engineering drawings and other instructions. Ability to study specifications and confer with shop personnel and supervisors to resolve design problems related to material characteristics, dimensional tolerances, service requirements.
- Interpret blueprints using GD&T.
- Measures and verifies settings and parts by utilizing: comparator, calipers, micrometers, bore gages, height gages, indicators, CMMs and other measuring equipment as needed
- Meet productivity requirements
- Work with engineering to diagnose and correct product problems
- Maintain an exceptionally clean and orderly work area.
- Regularly discusses work ideas with others in an effort to increase overall team productivity/efficiencies
- Comply with all quality policies and procedures.
- Comply with all safety and environmental procedures and requirements. Actively follow 5S principles and works to sustain and/or improve efforts
- Perform other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Return by Mail
2100 15th Street North
Wahpeton, ND 58075